Saturday, March 12, 2011

Priorities

A look into the news and life as we know it looks near apocalyptic.  Japan has lost citizens, many family members are deceased or missing.  Sad.  Locally there has been loss of lives due to accidents.  Sad.  My heart really goes out to the 9 year old boy who got off his school bus and a 16 year old ran him over.  Hes in critical care.  A 12 year old was riding with his parent when a car crossed the center line and claimed the life of his parents.  Hes in critical care.  A 7th grade boy in my daughters school decided to take his own life, leaving friends and family wondering.  Why?
 Of course there is the WI battle for and against Gov. Walker.  Oil Prices on the rise, should we or shouldn't we tap into the national oil reserves.  Those are just a few stories in the news locally and nationally.

I wanted to write a post on addiction, ask for you to email me with a story of your own about addiction.  Be it chocolate, food, smoking, whatever you are or were addicted to. 

That was difficult because I realized that there were other things on my mind that seemed so much more important.  There are people who are not going to hold a loved one anymore.  That are fighting for their lives,  when and if they win that battle, are going to find life much more difficult than they remembered.  A new cross to bear.  My heart is in anguish for these people hurting from heartbreaking loss.  Today ran into a friend who lost his baby a little while back,  I can not begin to comprehend that pain, nor do I want to.  My priority today is to hold my "babies", tell them that I love them, and pray to God to ease the pain of those suffering because He called several souls home.

Lord we are in your mercy, and know not why you do the things you do.  Thank you for the days we have together on earth.  In your mercy I pray, Amen.

2 comments:

Rena Bean said...

Mom,
This moved me so much.
I wish he never did that.
My friends dad told her that you should live through the tough parts of life, because the are temporary. What he did was a pernament desicion. We all miss him. He was a music genius aparently. I would have loved to hear him play. And he also got first place in a music competetion.

Cindy said...

Ya sweety, your friends dad was right. Permanent solution for a temporary problem. I love you, now and always. Remember that.