Wednesday, August 7, 2013

I DON'T WANNA!

I was moving on my daily routines when I heard it, how could I not, he was screaming and crying at the same time.  NOOO, I DON'T WANNA!  I looked in the child's direction, everyone was, I decided he wasn't in any real danger.  His mother was just doing her job, she was encouraging her small boy of about 2 to 3 years old to walk on his own down the hall to the doctors office.  Not really a crime, but evidently it was a heart breaking decision in her toddlers eyes. He was scared and wanted to be carried. He kept grabbing at her legs, and screaming.  She patiently kept walking, kept talking calmly to him, letting him know that he could, in fact, use his strong capable legs to move his little body without her. He was persistent, I'll give him that.  But.... she was too.  Gently, but firmly guiding her son to do it on his own.  
After I seen this episode, I was proud of her.  Then I had an AH-HA moment!
We the children of God often act like the toddler, we fear the the unknown. To subdue the fear, we want to be carried by God though it. We pray,  bargain, and beg the Lord to bring us through our trials, and tribulations.  These things He has designed to strengthen our souls, and our relationship with Him.  We, like the toddler, cry and fight having to do this on our own.  
Again we, like the toddler, would have gotten to the destination sooner if we didn't fight it.  We will get to the destination whether we want to or not, and we waste a lot of time and energy by not trusting the Lord.
The Lord, like the mother, is determined to make us walk it on our own.  So that we may learn and grow strong by doing it ourselves.  Facing the fear and finding that when we trust Him, we find that the path was not as dangerous as we imagined, and the Lord will protect and guide us... just like the mother helping her son down the hall.
Praise Be to God!

No comments: