Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Polar Plunge 2011

I wasn't certain that I was crazy, now I am positive that I AM crazy!  Who in their right mind would jump in a lake that recently had chunks cut out of it?  Not this chick... OK... This chick is gonna do it.  I'm scared because I wont even go in a pool that is too cold.  Why am I doing this you ask?  Oh 3 reasons come to mind:
  1. Serena- big hazel pouting eyes "Please Mom Please I really want to do this!"
  2. Isaac- in class I knew he thought it was cool.
  3. Special Olympics, need I say more?
I want to be honest, it took her a week to convince me I should Plunge into ice cold water for no other reason than to raise money for the Special Olympics of Wisconsin. So here I am, "Freezin for a Reason" as the Polar Plunge slogan goes.  I am hoping to raise $350 for our team AKF Martial Arts.  This is all goes to Special Olympics.  It is a great cause.  I'll only ask you to donate what you can.  If it is only a dollar than I am good with that.  Please help me raise this money by emailing this post to your contacts.  I have until Feb. 26th.  We jump on Feb. 27th.  I will post photos and (fingers crossed) I'll get a video uploaded.   If you want to sponsor me you can donate by clicking this link.  Thank you for your support.  Just so you know I am secretly hoping to obtain the top goal of $1, 500.  I have yet to raise top funds for a fund raiser I have personally been in.    With your help I may get my wish.  Thank you for helping me obtain my goals.  Don't forget to come back to look for photos and if all goes well a video!  We only have until Feb. 26th to raise the money for this, be my sponsor, and send this post to your contacts.  I promise you will feel good about it right away, and every time you see a commercial for Special Olympics you will smile because you were a part of a great program.  Together we can do this!


Thank you~ Cindy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great cause and way to be brave! I'm shivering just thinkin' about jumping in! BRRRRR!!!

Cindy said...

So does that mean your gonna jump with me? Or make a donation? :)

Rena Bean said...

thanks for the description mom!
well it is true