Friday, October 28, 2011

Miss Maddy

Always in the Tub!
I found my baby on Craigslist, she was going to be in town for the weekend,  then gone forever.   I had to jump and meet her.  I called the number and set up a meeting place.  God had answered my prayers.  He found us a great dog and got her a ride to us.... all the way from Texas!  A truck driver found her starving, dehydrated and full of fleas at a steel plant in Texas.  He felt bad for her, no one had any objections to him taking her, so he fed her, watered her, gave her 3 flea baths, and posted her to Craigslist where I found her.  He couldn't keep her, but he was certainly not going to leave her there!   When I called, I had a few tests to pass.  I had to have a house in the country, (check!)  I had to have kids, (check)  I had to promise to love and take care of her.  (Check and Check!)  When I brought the kids to meet her, it was love at first sight!  She loved them and they loved her.  We couldn't wait to take her home, I felt bad for her Hero truck driver,  having to lose his companion for the past 3 days.  He said he was okay, he knew she would be happy.  He was right, everyday she greats us all happily.  We look forward to her, she pounces like a cat!   She is also a very dirty dog, she loves to roll in things better left unmentioned,  needless to say she takes alot of baths!  We love her though, one little quirk for all the love and joy we get from her!!  She is a blessing, smart puppy, she learns very fast.  I also think she smiles when I scratch her behind the ears, she likes that best.  My favorite thing she does, is definitely when she gets low like a tiger on the plains of Africa,  stalks her prey (my kids), as they come across the lawn, she lays low, slowly moving in on them, as they come around the bend she pounces!  Back packs and lunch boxes go flying, screams can be heard for miles.  MADDY! NO!!!  I watch from the window, I laugh, tears coming from my eyes,  she strikes again!  That just never gets old.  They will never learn, she ALWAYS strikes in the valley.  It's the low point, they can't see her. :)

How about you, does your dog have quirks, do they antagonize your family, do you find the humor in it?

No comments: