Saturday, October 8, 2011

Not Certifiably So.

OK, I can do this.  Yes, this has been a Very difficult time.  We are up, we are down,  the roller coaster of life has apparently got me worse than I knew.  After too much hell, I have been made aware that it was time I seek help.  Not only for my benefit, but that of my children.  And hopefully that of my husband.  I'm not sure that I should be putting this out there, but this is my blog and I started this to help with the nic fits and crappiness of quitting.   So with that the confession begins.  How I got to this point.

Job stress +  financial stress + family stress + quitting smoking cold turkey x 12+ months brewing time = severe anxiety, depression, panic attacks, hot flashes, anger/irritability, mood swings, etc.

Huh... Who knew!  Well,  now what?   According to the good doc, she wants to know if she can put me on nicotine replacement.........(crickets chirping)...............(yet more crickets)...............
You have GOT to be kidding me!  (did I mention mood swings?)  I did Not make it this long for you to put nicotine back into my system.  No way, No how, Not Happening!! (insert frustrated crying) 
Would you mind going on some medication?  (Deep breath, panic attack....Breathe!)
UHHH, don't you think I already have an issue with addiction?  I really cant take any more battles.
(Patronizing smile) Cindy, you can't get addicted to this, you can only feel normal.  Would you like to feel normal again? 
Does a fish like to swim?  Hell Yes!  But honestly Doc, this pill thing makes me nervous. 
It will take 2 to 3 weeks to take effect, come see me then.
Breathe...Deeper.....Release. 
OK, fine.  (I can do this.... I think)

No comments: