Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Best New Year Memory

I get excited over the New Year every year!   It has special meaning for me, besides being a new beginning.  It is a constant date with a great memory for me.  Rewind with me if you will, to the New Year 2002, only seconds old.  I was at my brothers house, with all my siblings and their significant others.  We just screamed "Happy New Year!"  Everyone was kissing and hugging their loves.... everyone except me. (insert tear)  My brother in law to be, looks at me, gathers me up in his arms and says in his beautiful southern drawl  "Aww, Cindee, ur times' a comin' grl.!  I predict it'll be this year!"  He laughs and hugs me again.  It was the new year, my brother claimed he needed his rest and kicked us out,  I decided that I needed more New Year action so my sister and aforementioned brother in law take me to a local bar where we knew we'd find our old friends.  Said friends were definitely there, we hugged and welcomed each other to the New Year!  As I was finishing up the line of friends, I got their extremely hot cousin that I had a crush on my entire life!  "Happy New Year Cindy" he beams at me.  He then promptly pulled me in for a hug, one that I wished would never end.  That was a wish that came true for me. That hot cousin is now my husband, and I am looking forward to a Happy New Year hug and smile just like the one I got back then. We got engaged Valentines Day 2002, and we married in August 2002.    If your reading this my love, thank you for being my wish come true, Happy New Year and please, don't forget to kiss me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh now that's all crazy sorts of sweetness there! Got me all tearin' up and stuff!

Have a great New Year Cindy! May it be fun of peace, joy and most of all, love!

Kari

Cindy said...

Thanks Kari, Hope ur New Years was great too :)