Friday, September 10, 2010

Faulty Mechanics or Not.

Today was interesting, I never wanted to smoke, persay but I kept getting this odd feeling in my head. Like some "buzzy" feeling. It was odd. My heart would race, it felt alot like anxitity. This must be my body screaming for the nicotine it is used to getting.  Hopefully it will be over soon.  I fight this feeling with exercise upon direction from my mother (yes, the woman gives good advice) and my co-workers. I walked up and down 6 flights of stairs, followed by briskly walking around the building for 10 minutes. It seemed to wind me enough to not want to smoke. When I got home, that buzzy feeling was still there so I talked my oldest into biking with me. It went something like this: "Hey do you want to walk with me"? She raises her eyebrows at me. "C'mon" I tell her "You have to exercise me or I'll get cranky and mean again".
 "Fine" she sighs "but we are gonna bike it".  We get on the road and I'm in the lead, I kept looking back at her, she was getting further and further behind."Wierd" I think, Its mostly downhill. "Whats taking you so long"? She mumbles something about Grandpa "fixing her bike too good". I laugh, shake my head and keep peddeling.  We get to the Stop sign a mile down the road, thats where we turn around and go uphill the majority of the way home. This is where the work out begins. I get to the crest of the first hill, look back there is my skinny healthy young daughter walking her bike up the hill! (Sorry honey, you said I could blog this) "What are you doing!" I cry. "Sorry Mom" came the reply. "Sweety, are you going to let a woman who is 3 times your age and a smoker, beat you up this hill"? I ask, grinning. Once again she mumbles something about Grandpa "fixing her bike too good". I beat her home, she walked up 2 hills and biked the final hill home.  I called Grandpa. "Did you fix Serena's gears on her bike" I ask. He replys that he didn't but that they could use some WD40.  (Ha!) So the bike is greased and I can't wait to take the girl again. We will see if its faulty mechanics or if I am in better shape than a skinny teeny bopper! (Cmon Sweety, you gotta exercise your mom!) LOL.

No comments: