Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Head Colds and Guns.

Its sounds scary I know but I was just starting to write my post for the day, when my Gunsmith called and told me my shotgun was fixed! I was so elated that I quickly shut down the site(so I lost what I started with), grabbed the kids and ran out the door. (I promised him I could make it before he closed for the night)  When I got there, he was on the phone so I looked around for a bit.  I found this wood grain Browning 30-06 and its pretty well balanced I might add.  I got to thinking that maybe its time for me to get a new gun.  After all my hubby just got a new one last year, maybe its my turn. 
On the other hand, I do have a pretty mean head cold and I might not be thinking clearly at all.  My head is stuffed up and I can barely breathe.  I think this is a rather unfair situation, I mean I just quit smoking, shouldn't I be reaping all the bennys from being a nonsmoker? Like being Healthy?(pout pout).
Of course it can't be that bad, when I got home from the Gunsmiths place I made my target, set it up, loaded up my slugs, and shot off 5 rounds.  I must admit, its been 3 months since I touched that gun and have been using my honey's 12g.  So it took 2 to figure out that I was low and to the left. After that I got them centered but just low and just high. Now I'm blaming the rest of it on my head cold, on the fact I couldn't just hit my target. Just low and Just high, that's Just disgusting!
I'm hoping that all the juice I'm drinking, the Airborne, and Tylenol Sinus tabs I'm taking; maybe just maybe all that crap will shoot this head cold outta my body like a slug from my shotgun!
Couldn't even think about smoking today, too sick to want to.  I never was a good sick smoker.  It was the only time I could quit with out caring.
Lord please make Serena and me healthy, and please keep the rest of them from getting this disease!
In your mercy I pray. Amen.

No comments: