Monday, September 13, 2010

A Good Day

 Today is my one week anniversary for my quit date! It was a smooth sailing day today!  I started my day off with a cup of Hot Apple Cider instead of my usual coffee.  I think it helped to not stick to the same old routine. I never really had an urge to smoke, I didn't have to breathe deeply or chew the hell outta mints and gum. I actually gave away mints to everyone who walked in my path looking like they were having a bad day.  Just so you know, mints happen to make people smile and say nice things.  I thought only chocolate could do that! :)
I added the WI Quit Line web link to my blog site.  You can find it at the bottom of the page along with my other favorite links. Eventually I'll figure out how to make this site a beauty.  I'm just hacking my way through this. Its fun though, it was a good idea to use this as a deterrent from smoking. (Kari, ur site caused me to want to do this; so Thank you!)
Today was my 2nd Kyuki-Do class. It was intense, I loved every minute of it! I have to admit the high snap kicks are by far my favorite and my best accomplishment.  I can get my foot higher each time,(although I'm sure that one of these times I'm gonna end up on my butt with a bunch of little kids pointing and laughing!) My two oldest kids did awesome tonight too. They were on the ball with every Korean word that was yelled out. How cool is that? (I didn't do that good, the foreign language eludes me and I stand there looking to see what everyone else is doing. I could really use a Kyuki-Do cheat sheet!)
Go Forth to Life
By Samuel Longfellow
Go forth to life, oh! child of Earth.
Still mindful of thy heavenly birth;
Thou art not here for ease or sin,
But manhood's noble crown to win.

Though passion's fires are in thy soul,
Thy spirit can their flames control;
Though tempters strong beset thy way,
Thy spirit is more strong than they.

Go on from innocence of youth
To manly pureness, manly truth;
God's angels still are near to save,
And God himself doth help the brave.

Then forth to life, oh! child of Earth,
Be worthy of thy heavenly birth,
For noble service thou art here;
Thy brothers help, thy God revere!

And that my friends is today's virtue of Self Discipline, which I am certain that I will need to be, in the battle ahead! Good night to all of you, take care and God bless you in your battles and journeys ahead. May your days be smooth and free of bumps!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are doing good woman. Very good indeed.

The hardest thing I ever did in my life is quit smoking. It becomes such a part of the daily routine that sometime I still find myself looking for a smoke when I jump into the car. Sometimes it comes back to haunt me but I just pick myself up, dust myself off, and carry on.

You are one of the strongest people I've ever met in my whole life and if anyone can kick this thing, you can. (I also do not have a hard time seeing you kickin' someones butt with those Kyuki-do moves!)

Keep up the good work and you are welcome for any bit of inspiration I've given you to blog. You're pretty dang good at it if you ask me ☺