Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Air Boat

I woke up this morning in a dream I did not want to wake up from.  It was so peaceful, relaxing, and wonderful.  I dreamt I was fishing on the air boat with my husband.  I don't recall catching any fish, I must admit.  The dream was more about being on the boat with someone I love, and that tranquility you feel when your out fishing.  It made me want to write about the air boat.  My husband bought the boat while we were still engaged, he took my daughter with him to pick it up.  They were so excited to show it to me when I got home from work.  I was in a state of shock to say the least.  I honestly didn't know Air boats existed in the state of Wisconsin.  That boat is the only toy we have left of our initial youth.  I sold my motorcycle for a lawn mower and he sold his ATV for other needed things.  I can't get rid of that thing, I love it.  I love the way we can go up the river when other boats have to shy away for fear of injured props.  I love how it is stable like a pontoon.  Most of all I love watching people looking at us as we drive by!  In case your wondering, it has a 69' Corvair Engine and it's length is just shy of 16" ft long.  Just short enough to not need a licence on it. We know because we watched the local DNR guy measure it 3 times!  We attract the DNR often, it is a rare fishing trip to not find our friends waiting for us when we come into the landing.  Our favorite is the one in Menomonie, he has the best sense of humor out of the rest.  He shares stories, tells us the trends for fish in the area.  Who wouldn't want that kind of info?  
It also has eight years of fishing stories linked to it.  I got my first Sturgeon on it and so did my Dad.  Most of our kids caught their first fish out of it.  We have camped with it, we have stayed camping on beaches on the river with it.  My heart is with that boat, I don't know if I could trade it in for any other kind.
My Honey At the Helm!

No comments: