Monday, October 11, 2010

Thank God for Kyuki Do!

So it is Monday, awesome....Not!  I do as I'm told, I get into trouble.  Actually,I opened my mouth and that got me into trouble!  It happens a lot to me.  People just don't enjoy my truth.  Not the way I see things anyways.  I was so happy with my job and my supervisor too.  I'm hoping shes not the type to hold a grudge. (I'll let ya know) So the story plays out like this:  I have this pain in my shoulder, not new news to you all, but apparently took my supervisor by surprise today.  At lunch I put ice on it as instructed by the chiropractor.  This sent her into super sensitive mode. She became instantly worried that I was gonna get hurt worse, and get a work related injury.  I told her that I was fine, just following the Dr's orders.  I laughed and told her I was just getting old.  Apparently she does not have a sense of humor. I got to finish my lunch and then I got to go directly up to Employee Health, where I wasted their time, my time and my Dr's time so I could get a note that said I was fine.  I believe I said that from the get go.  But hey who am I to know my body's capabilities?  Oh yeah, I would be the owner of this fine piece of equipment.  I am 32 years old, its okay if I need a tune up.  I upset her because I asked "when did this place go political?"  It blew her top! For that I am sorry, but policy's are a political thing.  They become policy's because of some person or action that somehow decided that a policy must be manifested into the company.  It is as I said a political thing.  I hate being honest.  I need to just shut my mouth!  So there you have it. Shes upset, I'm upset.  BUT.... I got to go to Kyuki Do and learn about self control and boy do I need to learn that!  I got to spar. I got to quite literally kick someones ass!  Actually I didn't mean to.  We were sparing, he was 2 belts above me.  All I could do was try to block.  I finally got a chance and went for a snap kick to his side.  He turned for a block and I kicked his ass!  All we could do after that was try to keep our cool and not laugh.  That one moment turned my day around.  Thank you God for the opportunity to enjoy the rest of my day.  My glass is half full!

No comments: