Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Inspiration

I was looking for insight on what to post when I came across an interesting individual. His name is George Sheehan. Maybe your familiar with him and maybe your like me; discovering him for the first time. This man lived his life to the fullest.  He didn't start out perfect but he did end up that way.  He was a doctor, an author and a runner.  Here are some of my favorite quotes of his because they fit so well into my life right now.
"Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you you were meant to be."
"If you want to will anything-a race, yourself, your life- you have to go a little berserk."
"Exercise is done against ones wishes and maintained only because the alternative is worse."
"We may think there is will power involved, but more likely... change is due to want (of) power.  Wanting the new addiction more than the old one.  Wanting the new me in preference to the person I am now."
Amazing brainfood... more right brain left brain.  If you want to read more on George click here.

No comments: