Sunday, October 3, 2010

My Support Group

Last night I dreamt that I snuck a smoke and my hubby caught me. When I woke up I felt a lot better! Weird I know. These last few days have been a real struggle for me.  My husband has been very understanding and patient with me.  He is a good man, I couldn't do this without his support.   My coworkers have also helped me get through this rough patch.  They have talked with me, checked in on me periodically through out the day.  What a great group of people!
I knew this was going to be a hard thing to do, it is hard emotionally.  I have such conflicting feelings on this whole battle.  I follow this advice. 1 day at a time, and sometimes 1 minute at a time.  The last few days have been 1 minute at a time.  I conquered it I'm happy to report.  Tomorrow will be 4 weeks quit!  I haven't touched even 1 smoke.  Thanks to all of you for supporting me near and far! I love you. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're doing great girl! It will get easier with time but your attitude is what will get you through! Great job so far ☺

Cindy said...

Thank you Kari, and your not half bad yourself! Always happy to recieve advise from someone whos went through it. :)