Saturday, October 23, 2010

Just Thinkin Aloud

A lot of things are on my mind right now. At the end of the month I am testing for the next belt in Kyuki Do with my son.  How exciting!  I am also starting my new job on the first.  Perfect family hours. 6 to 2:30 no weekends no holiday.  Its perfect as I can get, without winning the lottery and never working again!  Of course Halloween is a little more than a week away, the kids are on a sugar trance in anticipation of the whole ordeal.  Wow, they are giddy to say the least.  I remember when I was a kid my mom would load the six of us up, take us to the people we knew in the country on the way to town.  My grandmother always gave us popcorn balls and apples. We loved it!  At every stop we would hear how scary, pretty, or cute we all looked, get hugs and kisses, our cheeks pinched and off we went to the next house.  It was such a family ordeal when I was a kid, it always lasted to 10 or 11 p.m.  We had a blast!  My children are never going to experience that.  Yes I bring them to see my family, but I have a time schedule to keep.  You can not start before 5 pm and you must be done by 7 pm to 8 pm depending on what city you go to.  No I'm not hurt that my children get less candy, personally I think they get more than I used to.  (maybe cause I never stopped dippin in the bucket!)  I just think we had more time to socialize with the neighbors, friends and family then.  We often met up with friends in town, found out who was giving the best and biggest candy bars, and who to stay away from cause they gave away practical things like toothbrushes.  By the way as a parent I love the toothbrush person!  I make sure to stop at your house every year! Thank you. :) We will see you out there on Halloween, and may the Scare Be With You! Stay safe, wear bright clothes.

No comments: