Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Quotes

Going with Kyuki Do Tenant for the week which is self control.  My favorite from class is that self control is "not doing what you really want to do".  This little discussion which came from a young man about 13 years old.  I am impressed to say the least.  I obviously want a smoke but must restrain myself, to use self control not to.  At his young age he understands some of the depth of the word.  This following quote is from an unknown author, at least unknown to me.  If you know the origin of this one please let me know I would like to read more quotes from the author.
"It takes a little courage, and a little self control; And some grim determination, If you want to reach the goal.  It takes a deal of striving, and a firm and stern set chin.  No matter what the battle, If you really want to win.  Theres no easy pass to glory, Theres no road to fame.   Life, however we may view it, Is no simple parlor game; But its prizes call for fighting, For endurance and for grit.  For a rugged disposition and don't know when to quit."
I know this quote is a little long but it makes you think, and it makes you want to fight for your own battle.  For me that is quitting smoking and dealing with my anger and restlessness that comes with that.  I'm going to challenge you my faithful followers, what are you battling with?  What self control do you inhibit in your life styles?  Take a good long look at this quote, and evaluate your battle.  What answers do you come up with?  What questions?  Maybe you just have feelings that need to be released.  Maybe it empowers you.  Most of all I hope this quote makes you think.  Know that you are loved.  Know that there is strength in you.  Know that most battles are with yourself, once you are done fighting yourself, I want you to rise up and Scream to the Lord  "I am here Lord!  Hear Me and Let Me Be Healed!" 

"Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be."   ~George Sheehan

"Be yourself; everyone else is taken."  ~Oscar Wilde

No comments: